EFDC_Explorer (EE) is a Windows-based GUI for pre- and post processing of the Environmental Fluid Dynamics Code (EFDC). EFDC_Explorer is designed to support model set-up, Cartesian and curvilinear grid generation, testing, calibration, and data visualization, including plots and animation, of model results (Craig, 2010). EE supports the hydrodynamic, sediment/toxics transport, particle tracking and the coupled water quality model HEM3D. There are currently four versions of the EE/EFDC_DSI modeling system, all contained in one package available for immediate download. This modeling system is frequently enhanced and updated to ensure the highest possible standards.
Horizontal plan view animation of salinity for Caloosahatchee Estuary.
Flash Animation of Screen Captures from the EFDC_Explorer
EFDC/EFDC_Explorer Modeling System
- A fully functional 1D/2D/3D EFDC model is provided and is Open Source
- Pre/Post Processing for the 1D/2D/3D EFDC Model using EFDC_Explorer
- Initial Conditions
- Boundary Conditions
- Global Model Parameters
- 2D horizontal and 2D vertical slicing of model results
- Time Series
- Calibration Tools
- Statistical Analysis Tools
- Specialty Visualization Tools
For more details click here